1. Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty - Day Hike
This popular walk repeatedly tops the charts for the best day-hike in the Adelaide area - and with good reason! Featuring facilities (including cafes) at either end of the trail you can decide whether you tackle the rather steep uphill or downhill option first with parking at Waterfall Gully or the summit of the mount. Either way, with well-maintained trails, information points and regular seating along the route plus chances to see koalas high in the trees and expansive views of the stringybark and blue gum forests to take in atop Mount Lofty, it is a hike not to be missed.
- Location: Cleland Conservation Park, Adelaide
- Duration/Length: 7.8km / 1.5-3 hours return
- Difficulty: Medium/Hard (steep terrain in places but regular seating along the route)
- Travel time from Adelaide by car: 20 minutes