ITINERARY 1: 12 Day Highlights of Tasmania Honeymoon Package
Start location: Hobart
End location: Hobart
Accommodation: 4.5 - 5 star hotels and lodges
Where will you go? Hobart > Port Arthur > Strahan Village > Gordon River > Cradle Mountain National Park > Launceston > Bay of Fires > Freycinet National Park > Bruny Island > Hobart
What makes this honeymoon itinerary perfect?
- The state capital of Hobart, a harbour town with fantastic architecture, a thriving bar and restaurant scene, and heritage charm.
- The Port Arthur Historic Site is a special place of vivid history. Take a Harbour Cruise and discover the history of the early Australian penal system with Port Arthur's expert guides. Return to Hobart via historic Richmond Village, where you can walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use.
- The beautiful Gordon River - enjoy a cruise that takes in Macquarie Harbour and two guided walks through the temperate rainforest on elevated boardwalks.
- Cradle Mountain National Park, where you can go hiking, horse riding, canyoning, wildlife spotting or even take a scenic flight! If the weather is on your side, why not enjoy a romantic picnic in the wilderness.
- Launceston, known as the home of Cataract Gorge and near to Tamar Valley wine country.
- Walk for miles along sugar-white sandy beaches at the Bay of Fires, swim in the impossibly clear waters, and feel like you’re the only two people to have ever set foot here.
- Freycinet National Park, renowned for incredible hikes, pristine waters, gorgeous beaches and local wildlife. Experience the stunning National Park from a new perspective on a kayaking tour.
- Spend the day exploring the spectacular landscapes and gourmet local produce of Bruny Island.
By the end of your honeymoon you will have ventured far and wide across Tasmania at a leisurely pace, and checked off a few stunning national parks along the way. Accommodations include timber eco cabins at Freycinet, a bush glamping retreat at the Bay of Fires, a hotel in a historic building along Hobart’s waterfront and a romantic and cosy mountain lodge at Cradle Mountain.
Explore Tasmania from coast to coast
Tasmania is proof that good things come in small packages and what a place for a fantastic honeymoon! From the steep ridges of Cradle Mountain to the stunning pink peaks of the Freycinet National Park, you'll be wowed by the natural beauty of this compact island. With charming heritage towns, short driving distances between destinations, friendly locals and outstanding gourmet produce, it's a heavenly destination for your honeymoon.
With hand-picked luxury accommodation throughout, this 12 Day Highlights of Tasmania Honeymoon Package has been expertly planned for you by our local Travel Specialists.