What can you expect if you visit us in the colder months?
At first it might seem strange to take a winter holiday in Tasmania, especially when there are other warmer states to visit, but there are massive advantages to come and visit us at this time of the year:
- Tasmania showcases all its natural treasures in the winter with mesmerising snowy peaks, fantastic skiing facilities and the one festival that has the entire world talking - Dark Mofo
- Fewer tourists travelling during winter means you'll enjoy less traffic, less crowded attractions and less queuing.
- Cheaper accommodation during our winter months, so you can really make the most of your budget.
- The Southern Lights - our dark winter skies offer the best chance to glimpse the incredible and elusive Aurora Australis lighting up the night.
- Mild winters - having an ocean cooled climate means it doesn't actually get that cold.